The Absorption column should consist of Glass column . The device must equipped with a gas inlet and distributing space at the bottom, a liquid inlet and distributor at the top, gas and liquid outlet at top and bottom respectively. The gas and air are metered separately, mixed and then passed through the bed vertically upwards and absorbed in liquid . All the flow rates can be independently varied to simulate different conditions.
RANGE OF EXPERIMENTS TO BE CARRIED OUT :
- To study the characteristics of absorption with chemical reaction.
- To calculate the rate of absorption.
- To calculate the interfacial area per unit volume.
EXPERIMENTAL SETUP :
- Column : Borosilicate Glass Column
- Flow Measurement : 3 No. Pre calibrated Rota meter
- Feed Tank : 1 No. of stainless steel feed tank
- Product receiver : 1 No. SS tank
- Gas supply : 1 No. of gas cylinder with Pressure Gauge
- Piping : SS , PVC
- Setup Mounting : On sturdy MS stand with powder coated
SERVICE REQUIRED :
Air Supply : @ 6 CFM, at 4 Kg /cm2
NaOH, HCL, Phenolphthalein indicator ,Distilled water
SPACE REQUIRED :
1.5 m. ( L) x 1.0 m (W) X 2.5 m (H).
WEIGHT : @ 150 Kg