The equipment consists of stainless steel column with reboiler. The Sieve trays are fitted in the column at proper locations still. The distillation is carried out by heating the still. The vapors coming from the column is going in to the condenser. The distillate is collected in the distillate receiver
RANGE OF EXPERIMENTS TO BE CARRIED OUT :
- To carryout distillation in Sieve plate distillation.
- To calculate the number of trays required.
- To establish the overall tray efficiency of the distillation.
- To study the practical significance of McCabe – Thiele method.
EXPERIMENTAL SETUP :
- Reboiler : Material Stainless Steel
- Column : Material Stainless Steel
- Condenser : SS , Shell and Tube type Condenser
- Reflux Drum : Material Stainless Steel.
- Packing : Sieve Trays .
- Heating Mantle : Aluminum body with fiber cloth
- Digital Temp Indicator : 0 – 400 0 C
- Temp Sensor : CR/AL Type
- Distillate Receiver : Material Stainless Steel
- Piping : SS , PVC
- Setup Mounting : On sturdy MS stand with powder coated
SERVICE REQUIRED :
Water Supply : 2 lpm
Power Supply : 230V, 50Hz, A. C,
Specific Gravity Bottle
Methanol Or Ethanol ,
SPACE REQUIRED :
1.5 m. ( L) x 1.0 m (W) X 3.0m (H).
WEIGHT : @ 85 Kg