The Rotating disk contactor consist of tower which is formed by annular baffles. In the setup a continuous counter current contact between the solute and solvent faces are made which results into extract and raffinate streams. Flow meter notes the flow of solvent and solute respectively. The continuous and dispersed phases streams are metered and derived from separate streams are derived from separate containers. Each compartment agitation provided by rotating, centrally located horizontal disk.
RANGE OF EXPERIMENTS TO BE CARRIED OUT :
- To determine overall mass transfer co-efficient based on continuous and dispersed phase.
- To determine individual Height of Transfer Unit based on continuous and dispersed phase.
- To determine Overall Number of Transfer Unit based on continuous and dispersed phase.
EXPERIMENTAL SETUP :
- Column : Stainless Steel Column
- Packing : Rotating disk
- Agitator : Variable Speed Agitator
- Digital RPM Indicator : 0 -999 RPM
- Flow Measurement : 2 No. Pre calibrated Rota meter
- Feed Tank : 2 No. of stainless steel feed tank
- Extract Receiver : 1 No. of stainless steel tank
- Raffinate Receiver : 1 No. of stainless steel tank
- Feed Circulation : By Compressed Air
- Pressure Regulator : 0 – 2 kgf / cm2
- Pressure Gauge : Bourdon type 0 – 2 kgf / cm2
- Piping : SS , PVC
- Setup Mounting : On sturdy MS stand with powder coated
SERVICE REQUIRED :
Air Supply : @ 6 CFM, at 4 kg/cm2
Tolune , Acetic Acid , Distilled Water , NaOH , Phenolphthalein , Benzene
SPACE REQUIRED :
1.5 m. (L) x 1.0 m(W) X 1.5 m (H)
WEIGHT : @ 65 Kg