In the system solid get transferred into the liquid phase. This transfer result from molecular diffusion as well as eddy diffusion . Because eddy diffusion currents are formed by stirring the system with the help of magnetic stirrer . Due to this concentration of solid in liquid goes on increasing with respect to time .If we provide sufficient time , then this concentration will achieve the value CA which is maximum possible solubility of solid at that temperature.
RANGE OF EXPERIMENTS TO BE CARRIED OUT :
- To determine the solid – liquid mass transfer coefficient for given system
EXPERIMENTAL SETUP :
- Dissolution Vessel : Borosilicate Glass
- Stirrer : SS impeller and shaft coupled to FHP Motor
- Digital Temp Indicator : 0 – 200 0 C ., Indicator cum Controller
- Temp Sensor : CR/AL Type
- Heater : Nichrome Wire
- Setup Mounting : On sturdy MS stand with powder coated
SERVICE REQUIRED :
Power Supply : 230 V, 50 Hz, A. C.
SPACE REQUIRED :
1 m. (L) x 0.5 m(W) X 1.0 m (H)
WEIGHT : @ 45 Kg