The equipment consists of Stainless steel round bottom flask Distillation still. The distillation is carried out by using steam circulated outside the jacket. The vapors coming from the column is going in to the condenser. The distillate is collected in SS distillate receiver
RANGE OF EXPERIMENTS TO BE CARRIED OUT :
- To Study the Computerized distillation at total reflux .
EXPERIMENTAL SETUP :
- The unit consist of Column : SS 316 column filled with Raschig rings, Sight glass attached to the column
- Reboiler : Steam heated reboiler of 15 ltr capacity.
- Condenser : A shell and tube condenser, reflux drum below the condenser
- Top Product Tank : Material SS.
- Feed Tank : Material SS.
- Sensors : Temperature , pressure , level and flow sensors at suitable locations
- Reflux ratio : Reflux ratio controlled by operating. The product and reflux value below water Cooled condenser
- Automation : Pneumatic control valves, PID controller I/P convertor, Controllers are interfaced with computer. Data Acquired can be transferred for processing to other Application including Excel , Programmable set point
- Computer : Latest Configuration
- Software : A Suitable Software
- 2 – way communication for control and data acquisition
- P , PI , PD , PID Modes.
- Live mimic diagram of the process including SP , PV and CO
- Online data display in tubular chart and graphical form
- Powerful graphics with trends and bar page
- Data printing facility
- Window based user friendly software runs on any computer
- Data logging facility for every one second.
SERVICE REQUIRED :
Power Supply : 230 V, 50 Hz, A. C.
Water Supply : @ 2 lpm
Air Supply : @ 6 CFM, at 4 Kg /cm2
Specific Gravity Bottle
Methanol Or Ethanol ,
WEIGHT : @ 85 Kg