RANGE OF EXPERIMENTS TO BE CARRIED OUT:
- To determine Volumetric mass transfer coefficient ( hD.a ) for air, water system in a cooling tower.
- To study the temperature distribution along the height of the tower.
- The experiments can be conducted at various flow rates of Air & Water & calculation can be made accordingly.
- Experiment can be conduct on both Induced & Forced Draught condition.
- To determine & compare the efficiency of the tower from Induced & Forced Draught condition.
TECHNICAL DESCRIPTION :
In a present cooling tower , packed tower is provided, water is sprayed/dropped at the top & it drips/falls down from to fin to the bottom fin. Packing’s provide maximum surface area to cool the water. Temperature at inlet & outlet can be measured with the help of sensors & digital temperature indicator. Flow Rate of water measured by using rotameter. Flow rate of air measured by using by manometer
DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT :
Size :1.5 m.(L)x 1m(W) X 2m ( H )
Weight :Approx. 120 Kg
SERVICE REQUIRED :
Power Supply : 440 v Ac Supply 50 Hz
SCOPE OF DELIVERY:
- Experimental Setup
- Instructional Manual
OPTIONAL FACILITY: Data logging Facility